Effective: January 14, 2019
Notice Under the Americans With Disabilities Act
Compass takes accessibility seriously. If you have any trouble experiencing this site, or have questions or concerns, please contact us at 844-773-7434 or email@example.com.
You may opt in or opt out of our sharing of your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes by following the directions in the “Marketing Preferences” section below.
The Company takes your privacy very seriously. In order to make your visits to our Website and use of the Services available through our Website as beneficial as possible, we may ask you for Personal Information and we may collect certain information about you and your interaction with this Website from you and your computer each time you visit our website. “Personal Information” includes, for example, your name; title; home and/or business address; e-mail address; home and/or business telephone, mobile and/or fax number; demographic information; your location; and/or other information that may identify you as an individual or allow online or offline contact with you as an individual.
You have the right to “opt in” and to “opt out” of certain uses of your Personal Information and may change your preferences regarding such uses at any time. For example, at the time you are requested to provide Personal Information on this Website, you may have the opportunity to elect whether or not to: (1) receive commercial correspondence from us (either on our behalf or on behalf of a third party), or (2) have your Personal Information shared with other entities (outside of the Company) for their marketing purposes. You may also opt-out of Company promotional e-mails by clicking on the opt-out link within the e-mail you receive, or of Company postal mailings by following the directions in such mailings. Please be aware that it may take up to 10 business days for Company to update your preferences. During that time, you may continue to receive messages from us.
Please understand that if you opt-out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us (including, for example and without limitation, alerts, favorites and market condition reports, in connection with your use of the Website (as defined above). You may control how you receive such non-promotional correspondence from us by updating your account preferences. Also, a request to have us stop sharing your Personal Information with other entities for marketing purposes will only apply as of the date on which we receive your request, and we will not be responsible for any communications that you may receive from affiliates that received your Personal Information prior to such request. In these cases, please contact those affiliates directly.
Information of Children
Our Website and Services are not intended to be used by children, nor do we knowingly collect or process any personal information of Users under the age of 16. If you believe we may have collected information of anyone under the age of 16, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may delete the information.
What Information Is Collected On This Website?
We collect Personal Information that Users voluntarily provide through our Website, for example, through such Users’ activities, transactions and completion of online forms on our Website. You may choose not to provide certain information; however, certain features of the Website may not function properly. We collect the following information:
- When you sign up for an account on our Website, we collect your name, email address, and your user-created password. If you choose to create an account via Facebook, we collect your Facebook username. We may also collect other account information, such as your property search criteria or which properties you viewed or saved.
- If you use any of the tools on our Website, such as our home valuation or mortgage calculator tools, we collect the information you enter into such tool, which may include your name, address, email address, down payment amount, and loan terms.
- If you contact us using our online contact form, we collect your name, email address, telephone number, and the content of your message.
- We collect information about your social media account when you share our Website or comment on our blog via social media. You may be able to send information about our Services to your friends and family members through our Website by clicking on a “Share” or similar button on our Website or in an e-mail that we have sent you. In some of these cases (unless you simply forward our e-mail on your own), we may collect the e-mail address of your friend or family member.
If you have permitted your computer to accept “cookies,” we may use “cookies” to keep, and sometimes track, information about you. Cookies are small data files that are sent to your browser or related software and apps, from a Web server and stored on your mobile device, or computer’s hard drive. Cookies track where you travel on our Website and what you look at, transact and favorite. They may store the information in your account, and/or your Username and/or password, and we may use them to deliver specific messages to you (for example, to announce a new property that was added since the last time you visited the Website). A cookie may enable us to link your use of our Website to other information about you, including your Personal Information. All of these purposes serve to improve and personalize your experience on our Website.
Most Web browsers can be set to inform you when a cookie has been sent to you and provide you with the opportunity to refuse that cookie. However, refusing a cookie may, in some cases, preclude you from using, or negatively impact the display or function of, the Website or certain areas or features of the Website.
Access Device and Browser Information
if you do not register with us, when you access the Website from a mobile phone, or other mobile device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and Internet Protocol (IP) address, as well as the pages you visit on our Website and other websites you visit before and after interacting with our Website. On a mobile device, we may utilize client device-generated identifiers, statistical IDs, and your unique login. We may aggregate your anonymous Website usage data with the data of other Users in order to determine trends and improve our Website.
Information from Other Sources
In order for us to maintain the accuracy of your personal information and improve our communication with you, we may also combine the information we collect with other public geo-demographic information.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information you provide to:
- Provide Services to You. We use your information to provide the Services specifically requested by you, create and manage your User account, display properties you saved, provide property information you requested, provide our home valuation and mortgage calculator tools, allow you to share property information, and provide other services offered through our Website.
- Improve Our Website. We use your personal and anonymous information to diagnose technical problems, audit use of, customize, and improve our Website.
- Communicate With You. We use your personal information to send you information about our Website and Services, provide notice of any updates to or Website or Services, send you newsletters, and respond to any communications you send to us.
- Security. We may use your information to analyze the security of our Website and to help detect and resolve a security incident.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information to Third Parties
We disclose your personal information to third-parties, including our affiliates and unaffiliated third-parties, for legitimate business purposes. We may disclose your personal information:
- to organizations that provide Services on our behalf, such as sending you email, analyzing data, providing marketing, providing search results and links, displaying content on our Website, tracking Website analytics, and providing customer service. These organizations are only provided the personal information necessary to carry out intended service.
- to legal authorities when necessary to comply with a court order or subpoena.
- in connection with a sale, merger, acquisition, or reorganization of our Company.
Third Party Websites
Targeted Advertising; Online Tracking
Our Privacy Commitment
- We don’t sell your Personal Information to anyone for any purpose. Period.
- We keep your Personal Information in our business records while you are a User or Customer, or until it is no longer needed for business, tax or legal purposes. When your Personal Information is no longer needed, we will delete or anonymize your information if permitted by law.
- We will keep your information safe using industry standard physical and technical safeguards, such as encryption or other appropriate security controls. However, you should know that no transmission of data over the internet is 100% secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. You are encouraged to keep your account password secure and confidential in order to help prevent against any unauthorized use of your account.
Our Website is operated from our facility within the United States of America (USA) but may be accessed from anywhere in the world. We make no representation and take no responsibility for any applicable laws and regulations outside the USA. Data security laws in the USA may not offer as much protection as the laws in your country of residence. By providing any information to us, you consent to the transfer of your information to, and the storage of your information on, servers located in the USA. Persons who choose to access the Website from locations outside the USA do so at their own risk.
California Privacy Rights
Under California law, California residents have certain rights with respect to their personal information.
A. California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship: (1) a list of categories of personal information, such as name, address, e-mail address, and the type of services provided to the User, that a business has disclosed to third parties [including affiliates that are separate legal entities] during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (2) the names and addresses of all such third parties. We will respond to such requests within thirty (30) days of receipt. Please note that we are only required to respond to each User once per calendar year.
B. California residents may also request from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, for the preceding twelve (12) month period: (1) the categories of information that a business has collected about the User, (2) the categories of sources from whom the information was collected, (3) the business purposes for collecting the User’s information, (4) the categories of third parties with whom the information has been shared, and (5) the specific pieces of information the business collected.
We will respond to verified requests within forty-five (45) days of receipt. Please note that we are only required to respond to each User twice per twelve (12) month period.
You can request that we delete your personal information. If no legal basis exists for us to keep your information, we will delete it within forty-five (45) days of receiving your verifiable request.
Agreement to policy
Update Your Information
you wish to verify or change the information in our files, you may contact us at email@example.com. Your request must include sufficient details to help us locate your information.
Pacific Union International, Inc.
1699 Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94109
Attention: Marketing/Digital Media
Toll free: 844-773-7434