September 12, 2014
• Posted in Home Seller Trends
Contrary to what trend-spotters say, baby boomers are in no rush to leave their large, single-family homes in favor of condominiums. In fact, a recent AARP survey found that 90 percent of boomers want to stay in their current home as long as possible.
June 6, 2013
• Posted in Bay Area, Home Seller Trends, Real Estate Trends
Did home flipping make a big comeback in the Bay Area last year? The San Francisco and Santa Rosa metropolitan areas landed on a recent RealtyTrac list of the top 25 markets in which to flip a property.
April 23, 2013
• Posted in Bay Area Real Estate Market Reports, Home Seller Trends, Market Conditions, Real Estate News, Real Estate Trends
It has been a bitterly cold few years for would-be sellers in the Bay Area, but spring is bringing welcome warmth for both home values and buyer activity. Many homeowners who believe they are “underwater” may be surprised to learn that they’ve regained equity based on recent sale prices for comparable homes in their neighborhood.
March 5, 2013
• Posted in Bay Area, Home Seller Trends, Market Conditions, Market Insights, Real Estate Trends
A new report says the San Francisco metro area is among the top five best places in the United States to sell a home in the coming year, thanks to robust sales prices. We agree, and local sales data shows homes in some Bay Area regions are going for well above asking.
February 7, 2013
• Posted in Home Seller Trends, Home Values, Market Conditions, Market Insights
With the U.S. economy on the mend and home prices rising, many home sellers are entering a sweet spot where they’re able to get desired sale prices and then save tens of thousands of dollars as they trade up to more attractive homes themselves.